Group Adult Foster Care Services (Western Massachusetts)
GROUP ADULT FOSTER CARE
The VCare Group Adult Foster Care Program (GAFC) is a Personal Care Assistance Homecare Services Program. It is designed to serve residents with the goal of providing support services they may need to help them remain living in their own homes instead of moving to institutional placement.
Our program provides daily assistance with personal care services such as:
GAFC Program Eligibility
Program participants must meet ALL of the following criteria:
VCare GAFC program does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, disability, familial status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran/military status, receipt of public assistance, ancestry, age, gender identity or other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law in the access or admission to its programs or employment or its programs, activities, functions or services.
ABI–Non-residential Habilitation (ABI-N) Waiver
This waiver is designed to help Masshealth-eligible persons with an acquired brain injury (ABI) move from a nursing facility or chronic disease or rehabilitation hospital back to their community.
The ABI waiver help by making the move from the facility to the community easier and by providing community-based services.
To qualify for one of the ABI waivers, an individual must:
- Reside at home (no group homes residents are eligible)
- Be living in a nursing facility or in a chronic or rehabilitation hospital for at least 90 days
- Meet clinical eligibility requirements
- Have experienced an acquired brain injury at age 22 or older. An acquired brain injury can result from a stroke, brain trauma, infection of the brain (such as encephalitis), brain tumor, or anoxia (lack of oxygen)
- Need ABI waiver services
- Be able to be safely served in the community within the terms of the ABI waivers and
Meet the financial requirements to qualify for MassHealth Standard in the community.
- Special financial rules exist for waiver applicants and participants.
Services provided by ABI Waiver include:
- Adult Companion Services
- Homemaker Services
- Home Health Aide Services
- Supportive Home Care Aide Services